In this blog, I will show you very quickly How to Learn Word - Select Text.
Microsoft Word, and other similar word processing programs, allows you to select text in many different ways depending on your needs. As with most software these days, there are many ways to do the same thing. I will mention a few.
1) To select a single letter, number, or symbol, you will need to Click and Drag your mouse to highlight the item.
2) To select an entire word, simply Double-Click the word.
3) To select a line, move your mouse to the left margin (the mouse will turn into a right-pointing arrow) and Single Click.
4) To select a paragraph, move your mouse to the left margin (the mouse will turn into a right-pointing arrow) and Double-Click.
5) To select the text of the entire document, move your mouse to the left margin (the mouse will turn into a right-pointing arrow) and Triple-Click.
There may be times when you do not wish to select an entire paragraph, or the entire document, but need to select a particular sentence or a few words. To do this, you will Click and Drag your mouse just as you do in selecting a single character.
Often times people have difficulty doing this. A hint I like to give to my trainees is to use your Arrow Keys on the keyboard. To do this simply place your cursor in the desired position and while Holding the Shift Key, use your Arrow Keys to move the highlighted (selected) area to the position of your choice.
How to Learn Word is to take things one topic at a time. Microsoft Word, and many other Microsoft Office programs, is a very complex program that can do many valuable things - but when people are overwhelmed, they tend to not use the program to its fullest.
Bottom line on How to Learn Word - take it one step at a time.
I often hear people say "I no longer see the Forward, Reply, and Reply to All buttons on my emails. How do I get this information back?...
Since 1998, Google has been giving us Google Doodles. The first Google Doodle was in honor of the Burning Man Festival . It wa...
Don't you wish that every person who received a new e-mail account had to agree to follow certain rules to use it? There are certain p...